Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Monday Marriage Minder 7-14-08

Binding Hearts Marriage and Family Ministries
Monday Marriage Minder
July 14, 2008
Love Is.... Part Two
Kind - Who are you trying to please?
1 Corinthians 13:4b
Who doesn't know what the word "kind" means? That's the question that I've been pondering these last few days. Surely, everyone who reads this e-letter knows the meaning of the word kind. Well, I thought I did. I came up with the word "nice" as my definition. Wow, did I undershoot that target!
kind adj. Of a friendly, and good natured disposition; coming from a good natured readiness to please others. (Websters, 156)
Robin and I had the privilege of attending a screening of Sherwood Pictures (FLYWHEEL and Facing The Giants) new movie "FIREPROOF" which will be released in late September. The movie, dealing with the divorce epidemic, demonstrated kindness like I had never seen it.
Did you catch the last part of the definition? How often have we heard the adage, "There is no I in Team". My lead Pastor told me this week that someone once replied to him, "Yes, but TEAM does have a M and a E!" As we continue in this series, we will continue to discover that the enemy of our marriages (us) is not only Satan, but ourselves (me).
Question of the Week: If we strive to please our spouse, how will they react and how will our marriage be different?
For Marriages & Families,

Dave

No comments: