Tuesday, September 2, 2008

MMM - Love Is... Part Seven (7)

Binding Hearts Marriage and Family Ministries

Monday Marriage Minder

September 1, 2008

Love Is... Part Seven (7)

It (Love) is not self seeking, 1 Corinthians 13:5b NIV

Labor Day - Wow, was this holiday named right! I could smell the bar-b-ques. I could imagine the steaks, chicken, burgers and brats, sizzling on the hot iron. My imagination was all that I had. Between me and the bar-b-ques stood a 7 foot high privacy fence that encloses my sister's back yard. While nearly every residence in the community played host to family and friends, Robin and I were on our third day of installing the hardwood floor and trim in my sister's basement.

I have to be honest and admit that I was thinking of many other things that I would rather be doing - and that I was thinking of them often. Arriving at home tonight, I opened my Bible to remind myself of the aspect of love that we're looking at this week. Wham! Serves me right!

Robin and my sister really wanted to get as much of this project as possible, done this weekend. I don't think that I verbally complained (too much) but I had the thoughts, so I'm guilty. Guilty of not showing true love by happily thinking of the wants and needs of others before my own. Forgive me Lord!

Question of The Week: Examine your mind and your heart. How have you been self-seeking and not shown true love to your spouse and family?

For Marriages & Families,
Dave

No comments: